SAD no more!

Like the majority of Americans, my family "survived" on the SAD (Standard American Diet....funny how that works out huh?) diet. We loved all things gooey with cheese, and we drank our milk everyday! But, then things changed. It isn't always easy...it has it's challenges, but for better or worse, my hubby and my kiddos and of course me, the mommy and cook, are on this trip and we are traveling at the speed of taste! So come along with us as we laugh, eat, share, eat, learn, and did I mention eat?? MMMMM


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yummy Strawberry Pancakes

This is something I routinely make for breakfast and dinner. We love breakfast for dinner in our house. This recipe can be made with or without the strawberries and it is well received each and every time. With Mother's Day fast approaching, I thought I would dedicate the next few posts and recipes to yummy breakfast and brunch ideas.



Recipe (makes approximately 8 medium sized pancakes):

~ 1 tbsp flax meal
~ 2 tbsp warm water
~ 1 tsp vanilla
~ 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I love vanilla almond milk in this!)
~ 2 tbsp plain applesauce
~ 1 cup whole wheat flour
~ 2 tsp baking powder
~ 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
~ 3-4 large strawberries, diced


Prep:

~ Mix flax meal and water in medium sized mixing bowl and allow to sit for a few minutes. (This mixture acts as an egg replacement.)
~ Pre-heat medium sized frying pan
~ Add vanilla, flour, applesauce, non-dairy milk, baking powder and sugar to the flax mixture. Mix until well blended and batter is no longer lumpy. 
~ Gently fold in diced strawberries.
~ Spray pre-heated pan with non stick spray and drop 1/4 cup fulls of batter into pan.
~ Flip each pancake when the top begins to bubble and the pancake begins to rise. 
~ Top cooked pancakes with sliced strawberries and maple syrup of your choice.

These are an easy way to make your very own pancakes from scratch. I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment