SAD no more!

Like the majority of Americans, my family "survived" on the SAD (Standard American Diet....funny how that works out huh?) diet. We loved all things gooey with cheese, and we drank our milk everyday! But, then things changed. It isn't always easy...it has it's challenges, but for better or worse, my hubby and my kiddos and of course me, the mommy and cook, are on this trip and we are traveling at the speed of taste! So come along with us as we laugh, eat, share, eat, learn, and did I mention eat?? MMMMM


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blueberry Pancake Muffins

We really wanted muffins. I really didn't have all the stuff I usually put in my muffins. These are a hybrid of different ideas that really turned out to taste just like blueberry pancakes in the shape of muffins. Enjoy!


Recipe (makes 12 large muffins):

~1 large ripe banana
~ 1/2 cup vegan sugar
~ 1 tbsp ground flax meal
~ 2 cups flour
~ 1 tsp cinnamon
~ 1 package quick cook maple flavored oatmeal
~ 2 tsp baking powder
~ 1 tsp vanilla
~ 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
~ 1/3 cup applesauce
~ 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
~ 6 oz container blueberries

Prep:

~ Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with non cook spray
~ Mash banana very well with a fork in a large mixing bowl. Then add the flour, oatmeal, sugar, flax meal, cinnamon and baking powder
~ Add non-dairy milk, vanilla, almond extract, and applesauce and mix until well combined
~ Gently fold in the blueberries.
~ Bake for 30-35 minutes until tops are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment