SAD no more!

Like the majority of Americans, my family "survived" on the SAD (Standard American Diet....funny how that works out huh?) diet. We loved all things gooey with cheese, and we drank our milk everyday! But, then things changed. It isn't always easy...it has it's challenges, but for better or worse, my hubby and my kiddos and of course me, the mommy and cook, are on this trip and we are traveling at the speed of taste! So come along with us as we laugh, eat, share, eat, learn, and did I mention eat?? MMMMM


Friday, April 29, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I started making this when my little man was born. At the time I was looking for a cheap alternative to Dreft, and this is what I came up with after a bit of online research. You can get the 2-3 ingredients needed at your local grocery store.


Recipe (Makes approximatly 64 loads worth):


~ 2 cups 20 Mule Team Borax
~ 2 Cups Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
~ 1 bar Ivory soap, shredded on a cheese grater (optional)


Prep:


~ Combine Borax, Washing soda and soap into an airtight container and top with airtight lid. Shake to combine ingredients.
~ 2 TBSP per wash load

This is an easy and really inexpensive way to wash clothes. It is also environmentally responsible and friendly. A win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment